Sun Fire 280R questions.

Craig Butler craig001 at lerwick.hopto.org
Sun May 24 19:01:35 UTC 2009

Hi Mark...

I can't send mail direct to you, for the last two weeks your mail server
has refused to accept it;

[root at polaris:~] # cat /var/log/qmail/* | grep 3925: | tai64nlocal
2009-05-24 19:31:14.795506500 starting delivery 3925: msg 10200090 to
remote linimon at lonesome.com
2009-05-24 19:32:15.629006500 delivery 3925: deferral:
Connected_to_66.135.55.46_but_connection_died._(#4.4.2)/

I've sent 2 mails, the first one returned as undelivered after me mail
server tried for a week;

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<linimon at lonesome.com>:
Connected to 66.135.55.46 but connection died. (#4.4.2)

My comments are in line,

On Sun, 2009-05-24 at 10:19 -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:

> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:42:42AM +0100, Craig Butler wrote:
> > Is there anyway we can link in with Fenners work to list the broken
> > ports ?
>
> Well, his list is "doesn't fetch", but it's broken.  That's on my list
> of things to fix, and adding the information to portsmon is also.
>
> > How are we looking build cluster wise, are we able to do complete port
> > tree builds ?
>
> Since a couple of weeks before BSDCan I had been ignoring the sparc64
> builds while I got ready, but I started a new, complete, 7 build a few
> days ago, and it is nearly complete.
>
> I have some replacement disks that I need to ship to ISC to bring
> some of the Netras back online.  The lerwick machines I have not
> been able to configure correctly.  We will be losing some of the
> York machines in the near future.

What do you need Lerwick wise ?  I have build1 up and running, but no
one been on it for donkeys...
The last thing I did was reboot it when ssh got stuck (as it regularly
does when building).

What happened to York ?? can we ship any units over here ?  I would be
keen to help get the sparc64 side up to full speed again.

I am going to approach Kip and see if I can get involved with porting to
the later Ultrasparc T1/T2/Rock's...
Massive learning curve but I think it will be useful.

> When I get back from vacation I intend to do some cluster maintenance.

How long you away for ? hope your having a great holiday.

> > In previous emails its been said that port developers don't have access
> > to sparc64 kit, I may be able to help out by providing a jailed
> > environment hanging off the end of an adsl line... do you think that
> > would be any use ?
>
> I think it would be in great demand.

OK, I'll arrange something, it wont be the quickest, but at least the
devs would have access to sparc kit.

/Craig B