makeworld problem on sparc

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Sep 24 16:36:33 PDT 2003

At 4:27 PM -0400 9/24/03, Jason wrote:
>hey sparc heads, please help if you can..
>
># uname -a
>FreeBSD .cisco.com 5.0-20030529-SNAP FreeBSD 5.0-20030529-SNAP #0: Fri May
>30 08:27:14 GMT 2003     root at u10.locore.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>sparc64
>
>I've been cvsupping for a week or 2 now with the same results below.
>
># /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /root/current-supfile && make buildworld
>
>and heres what I end up getting every time.

When was the last time you did a buildworld, before your recent
attempts?  In your /root/current-supfile file, what value do
you have for 'tag='?

The last time I did a buildworld on Sparc was on Sept 18th, and I
didn't have any trouble with it.

It might be helpful to do a:  rm -Rf /usr/obj/usr/src/*
before trying to do a buildworld.  It might be that you have
some old cruft lying around from a previous build, and this
new build is getting confused.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu