For richard@uclinux.net (Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender)

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Jul 28 04:34:28 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 02:14:10PM +0300, richard at uclinux.net wrote:
> > ----
> > <richard at uclinux.net>: host mail.uclinux.net[212.182.218.91] said: 550 5.0.0
> >     Get lost with your spamming mails (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
> > ----
> >
> > This is incredibly rude.  If you're going to use such a coarse
> > technique as blocking entire DSL subnets, then at least be polite
> > about it.
> >
> > Kris
>
> I'm gonna change the "message" then...but not chnage the
> access rules until I installed postfix...
>

> Most spam is coming from people behind dsl lines and running
> sendmail by default...and leaving it open for everyone
> in the world...

Your mail, your call..bear in mind that you're asking for help on
public mailing lists, and possibly losing mail that people might be
sending you in response.  I send a lot of email in response to FreeBSD
support questions, and run into misguided anti-spam filters from time
to time...usually I just leave it at that and don't bother to try
harder to reach the originator.

> And since obviously you have a mx record for your domain...
> why not use an official mail server for outgoing mail as well?

Because there isn't one available that I can reliably use.

Kris