CVE-2014-0160?

Erik Trulsson Erik.Trulsson.1013 at student.uu.se
Fri Apr 11 14:42:49 UTC 2014

Quoting sbremal at hotmail.com:

> I receive daily email from the host which normally shows port audits
> and vulnerabilities. However, I did not sport anything related to
> CVE-2014-0160 in this email. I expected the same info comes in this
> email about the base system as well.
>
> How do you normally inform about recent vulnerability in the base
> system? (I believe newspaper and TV is not the best way...)

No, the port audit system does not cover base system vulnerabilities.

Security advisories regarding the base systems are supposed to be sent by
e-mail to the following mailing lists:

     FreeBSD-security-notifications at FreeBSD.org
     FreeBSD-security at FreeBSD.org
     FreeBSD-announce at FreeBSD.org

Personally I would recommend all FreeBSD users to subscribe to the
freebsd-announce list at least.