Proposal

Kimmo Paasiala kpaasial at icloud.com
Wed Apr 9 14:36:58 UTC 2014

On Apr 09, 2014, at 03:25 PM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:

Pawel Biernacki <pawel.biernacki at gmail.com      > writes:
        > I understand that this is voluntary role and you have another (real
        > life) responsibilities that’s why I'd like to propose an idea of (at
        > least partially) paid position of Security Officer, because we all
        > need quick and efficient response in cases like that.

Having a paid Security Officer would not have made any difference.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no

Could everyone just please stop panicking and take an objective look on this issue. It took only one full DAY to come up with a fix and issue the security advisory. That's damn fast if you look at some of the commercial entities that face the exact same kind of issues and often struggle to even acknowledge that there is a problem they need to address and take sometimes weeks to release hotfixes.

In my opinion this issue couldn't have been handled any better considering what it takes to do the job properly, congrats to the security team from me.

-Kimmo