Proposal

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Wed Apr 9 13:57:52 UTC 2014

On 4/9/2014 8:25 AM, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Pawel Biernacki <pawel.biernacki at gmail.com> writes:
>> I understand that this is voluntary role and you have another (real
>> life) responsibilities that’s why I'd like to propose an idea of (at
>> least partially) paid position of Security Officer, because we all
>> need quick and efficient response in cases like that.
> Having a paid Security Officer would not have made any difference.
>
> DES
Agreed.

In this particular case FreeBSD's team responded very quickly once the
threat was known and a resolution path was made available in a very
expeditious fashion.

The real problem here is the depth of damage and the amount of work to
rectify it, particularly for those who have certificates issued by
someone else where **they** may have been compromised.  But this has
nothing to do with FreeBSD.

--
-- Karl
karl at denninger.net