IPFW disconnections and resets

Nagy Istvan nagy.istvan1 at chello.hu
Fri Apr 29 07:10:41 PDT 2005

Hi,

im playing with the /etc/crontab to reload the rules periodically, while i
remotly edit both crontab and ipfw_rules.sh, this solves the problem of
lock-out (but i dont know exactly what other problems it might cause...:)

sshd_config has a ClientAliveInterval (seconds between trys) and
ClientAliveCountMax (how many times to try keepalive, before client known as
nonrespondig and disconnected) option, and on the client side as ~Neo-Vortex
wrote find the keepalive setting. (and if the client is untrustable, disable
it >:)

Istvan