IPSec delays

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Sat Aug 9 03:39:49 PDT 2003

On Thursday, 2003-08-07 at 17:45:56 -0700, Kevin Glick wrote:
> I've been using IPSec and racoon alot lately creating tunnels between FreeBSD machines.  Everything works as it should once I've got it running.  I do however seem to get delays when one, or both ends of the tunnel drop or are rebooted.  On reboot, once the machine starts racoon, it takes two or three minutes for the tunnel to come back up.  If I stop and restart racoon, it takes only 60 seconds.  I'd prefer to cut this time down on both to 30 seconds or less.  Below is my racoon.conf.  I've watched the racoon logs, and it doesn't give me any errors, or failed negotiations.  Any ideas?

I had something like this with a Racoon/FreeS/WAN setup. I found out
that the algorithms did no match, and the tunnel would only be built
from the Racoon side. Seems FreeS/WAN was set up to accept a wider range
of algorithms than Racoon. I have to confess I did not understand if you
can specify more than one algorithm to Racoon.

Switch on debugging and look for rejected connection attempts.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe at lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |