Scalar i40 tapechanger LUN appearing as a second tape drive

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Tue Jun 5 17:43:58 UTC 2018

> On 16 May 2018, at 19:30, Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx at webweaving.org> wrote:
>
> On 16 May 2018, at 18:53, Kenneth D. Merry <ken at FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
>
>>> Ok. good advice. Will do exactly that.
>>
>> The best controllers to use are LSI (now Broadcom) 6Gb or 12Gb SAS
>> controllers.  They have TLR support, which helps insure data integrity with
>> tape drives.
>
> Ok - we surely have a few  SAS9201 and LSIA SAS9202’s around.

Ok - So the summary is that 1) indeed the LSI controller see the Scalar i40 changer with no issue (and gives us a nice speed update). And that 2) that there may be some regression in the cam/scsi stack -- restoring a FreeBSD-8-RELEASE makes the P222 see the changer again.

Next up - finding out what is wrong with LEOM (and amanda).

Dw.