MFI driver issues

Andrew Boyer aboyer at averesystems.com
Wed Mar 2 22:49:04 UTC 2011

I don't believe it's enough to compare the chip names (SAS2008, SAS2108, etc.).  The mps driver advertises support for a list of SAS2108 devices, but the SAS2108 chips I have access to (in MegaRAID SAS9261-8i controllers) report PCI IDs that are only supported by MFI.

My discussions with LSI support led me to believe that the claim of 2108 support in mps is incorrect but I've never confirmed that with anyone here.

-Andrew