MFI driver issues

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed Mar 2 17:36:06 UTC 2011

> I guess it would be most useful if I could somehow force MFI to be used
> on my boot disk as it is now, but use MPS on my 24 JBOD disks coming
> from the Perc H800 SAS controller...?  They are JBOD because I have them
> roped into a ZFS filesystem.

I just checked and the Perc H800 uses the LSI SAS2108 chipset, which in
theory is supposed to be picked up by the MPS driver, according to this
web page:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man/?command=mps&section=ANY

but instead it is picked up by the MFI driver...?  What gives?  ;)  Is
it that the MPS driver *and* the MFI driver both support the LSI SAS2108
chipset, but the MFI driver checks first during boot, so it wins?