Slow speed detection for mpt0 (LSI 1030) for 5.4

Alexander Ilin kalend at ripn.net
Thu Sep 1 14:34:39 GMT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 07:37:40AM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> Alexander Ilin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >I have so strange problem with SCSI disks at my new Intel Server SR2400JR2.
> >I have 4 same disks from one vendor. When I am starting FreeBSD 5.4 (I've
> >update to last stable version and have no changes with my problem), the
> >last disk working at lowest possible speed. After manual command
> >'camcontrol reset 0' it began to work normally. If I remove one of the
> >disks
> >before first start - all working fine. Here is my dmesg.boot:
> >

> This problem was fixed by a massive overhaul of the driver recently.
> The changes are in 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT, but you should be able to
> apply them to 5-STABLE by just copying the /sys/dev/mpt directory from
> a HEAD/7-CURRENT tree to your 5-STABLE tree, and recompiling.
>
> Scott

 Hi Scott, great thanks for idea to fixing that. As far as I see the tree
/sys/dev/mpt have much more differences not only in drivers, but also in file
names. So, I need not only apply the new tree, but also change my config files.
I'll try to do that, but it's not so regular solution. Are there any plans to
fix this in RELENG_5 ?

 Regards,

--
Alexander Ilin