troubles with Adaptec 2940 on amd64

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Sat Mar 26 15:25:34 PST 2005

> The Adaptec sees the drive (9Gb Cheetah) and I was able to install
> FreeBSD-5.4-BETA1 without any difficulty. However, after reboot I'm
> getting:
>
> ahc0: Timedout SCBs already complete. Interrupts may not be functioning

This typically means that interrupts are not being properly routed
from the SCSI controller.  It may be possible to return to the environment
of the install kernel by playing with ACPI and APIC settings, and thus
restore interrupt delivery, but the interrupt routing code is really
outside of my area...

--
Justin