troubles with Adaptec 2940 on amd64

Mikhail Teterin mi at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Mar 26 13:49:57 PST 2005

Hello!

I'm using IWill's DK8X motherboard with a single (for now) Opteron
246. The SCSI adapter is in a regular PCI slot, while I'm figuring
out, what's wrong with my new PCI-X adapter.

The Adaptec sees the drive (9Gb Cheetah) and I was able to install
FreeBSD-5.4-BETA1 without any difficulty. However, after reboot I'm
getting:

ahc0: Timedout SCBs already complete. Interrupts may not be functioning

Any suggestions? The same system ran Windows-XP 64-bit edition (off
another disk on the same controller), and installed FreeBSD/amd64
without a problem too...

Thanks for any hints! Yours,

	-mi