LSI53C1020 Integrated Mirroring and mpt?

John Connett jconnett at software.plasmon.com
Fri Jan 28 07:53:30 PST 2005

I have a system with an LSI53C1020 controller with the Integrated
Mirroring firmware and two disks attached.  This operates as a RAID1
array and appears to the rest of the system as a single scsi disk.

What I am looking for is a simple utility roughly equivalent to raidutil
used with asr(4).  Our application uses a simple wrapper around raidutil
to query the states of the array and disks; and to command a rebuild of
the array.  Here's some example output:

-su-2.05b# raidutil -L raid
Address       Type              Manufacturer/Model      Capacity  Status
d0b0t0d0      RAID 1 (Mirrored) ADAPTEC  RAID-1         70149MB   Optimal
 d0b0t0d0     Disk Drive (DASD) MAXTOR   ATLASU320_73_SC70149MB   Optimal
 d0b0t1d0     Disk Drive (DASD) MAXTOR   ATLASU320_73_SC70149MB   Optimal

The only information used is from the "Address" and "Status" fields.

We also use "raidutil -a rebuild d0" to command a rebuild of the array.

What I want is either a similar utility or sufficient information to
use the mpt(4) driver to obtain this information.  The target platform
is FreeBSD 4.x on i386.

Any pointers to this information would be gratefully received.
--
John Connett