sym(4): Linux sym53c8xx_2 license change to GPL-only

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Sep 13 15:46:36 PDT 2004

Matthew Jacob <mjacob44 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I don't think we have a maintainer. I guess Gerard Roudier has pretty
> much  dropped both the Linux and FreeBSD support he used to do.

He's dropped the Linux support officially and handed Linux 2.6
maintenance over to Matthew Wilcox who's been doing a good job so far.

All the more concerned I am about the license change. I've asked for the
motives on the linux-scsi list (see the URL I posted in my previous mail
here). We'll see what comes out of it...

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)