rcorder blues

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed May 30 08:22:32 UTC 2007

> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:15:57PM +0300, Danny Braniss wrote:
> > hi all,
> > 	Under 6.2 I set early_late_divider to amd, and since local_rc
> > points to an 'automounted directory', rcorder will include the rc-files
> > from my shared-local/etc/rc.d.
> > 	Since 7.0 this 'trick' no longer works, some rc-files, that
> > in the first run appeared after amd/early_late_divider, in the second
> > run appear before amd, and so never get executed.
> > 	The quick and dirty solution, was for rc.initdiskless to copy
> > the 'shared/local_rc/' to /etc/rc.d (thanks to unionfs:-), and so all
> > was 'almost' ok.
>
> Which scripts are changing order, and what ports scripts are involved?

some clarification is in order, but first, after a major cleanup
[mergemaster no longer works on a cross platform/version], the above problem
is now fixed.
Since we have multiple platforms (amd64/i386) and versions (4.10/5.x/6.x/7.x)
and /usr/local is automounted, it's easier to manage the start up scripts
from a more central area,  not /usr/local/etc/rc.d (of which we have many
copies),
also, not all our local stuff comes from ports.

I can't remember which script fell in the 'not-yet-done/allready-done' black
hole,
but it was not from ports, and rather critical.

danny