rc script won't start daemon on reboot

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Jul 23 15:48:36 PDT 2004

Thanks for the tip.  I assumed that extra_commands goes in the script,
not in rc.conf, right?

I rm'd the symlink and cp'd the actual binary, but that didn't change
anything.  For  now, I think I'll just let it go.  The cron job ensures
that the binary will start within 15 minutes of a reboot, and that's
good enough for me.  Maybe when I have more time in the future, I'll
revisit it and try to figure out what the heck is going on.  Your idea
of the wrapper script is a good one.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas