rc script won't start daemon on reboot

Oliver Eikemeier eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com
Fri Jul 23 16:06:15 PDT 2004

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:

> [...]

Jup, is is documented in rc.subr(8), although not easy to find.

> I rm'd the symlink and cp'd the actual binary, but that didn't change
> anything.  For  now, I think I'll just let it go.  The cron job ensures
> that the binary will start within 15 minutes of a reboot, and that's
> good enough for me.  Maybe when I have more time in the future, I'll
> revisit it and try to figure out what the heck is going on.  Your idea
> of the wrapper script is a good one.

My first guess would be the environment, like PATH. Anyway, Symantec
should care. Have you tried to contact them?

Ah, and since you are concerned about security, have you tried
portaudit? (Shameless hijack of this thread, please follow-up to
freebsd-security@)
-Oliver