Getting help for apcupsd (re-post)

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:35:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

[Kindly ignore the original message which contains unwanted stuff]

I have an APC UPS (USB) which works perfectly under Windows XP SP3, but
fails to shut down upon power failure via a daemon installed through the
port sysutils/apcupsd. Seemingly, the daemon is unable to communicate
with the UPS to determine remaining battery level.

I sent a message to the maintainer itetcu at FreeBSD.org over 2 weeks back,
but there has been no reply.

What can I do next to get the UPS to function correctly ? Thanks.

--
Regards

Manish Jain
+91-98995-82709