geforce 310m CUDA problem

Ashkan Rahmani ashkan82r at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 05:54:46 UTC 2012

hi
I'm really interesting to switch from Linux to FreeBSD for my personal use.
Currently I'm using Archlinux on my
Asus K52J notebook.
Unfortunately (for me of course) it has  geforce 310m cuda 1gb VGA, and it
seems this VGA is not supported by
FreeBSD.

After installing FreeBSD/PC-BSD resolution is about 800x600 and I can not
change it. Color depth is also terrible.
Configuring xorg.conf automatically or manually can not fix my problem.
installing nvidia driver from ports also can not fix my problem.

Notebook has NVIDIA Optimus technology and I don't know may be it's source
of my problem or not.

anybody know how I can solve this problem!?

PS: my friend has a dell 1555 notebook, and FreeBSD work nice and soft on
it! VGA is nvidia.
my very old notebook (acer) has ATI vga and FreeBSD work well too!

---
Best Regards,
Ashkan R