securing MySQL: easiest/best ways?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue May 8 19:55:50 UTC 2012

On Tue, 08 May 2012 15:34:02 +0100
Matthew Seaman articulated:

>Sounds almost as if the my.cnf you've been editing is not the my.cnf
>that your mysql instance is using.  IIRC there was some talk about
>moving from the usual BSD-ish /var/db/mysql/my.cnf to
>/usr/local/etc/my.cnf (no doubt under some insidious influence from
>Linux.)

The first time I ever looked for "my.cnf" I had expected to find it in
"/usr/local/etc". Since so many configuration files are stored there,
it just seemed like a natural place for it to be located. IMHO, a
centralized repository for configuration files greatly simplifies
system maintenance.

--
Jerry ♔