Fast personal printing _without_ CUPS

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Oct 28 22:45:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:27:03 -0500 (CDT), Robert Bonomi wrote:
> Your insistance on trying to impose -your- standards on the world, and
> denying them the 'freedom of choice' to make their own decisions on the
> matter -- e.g. "anyone offering such products should be to some degree
> held legally responsible to their worth" -- is a fascist mind-set.
> You 'know better' than anybody else, what is 'right' _for_ them.  <snort>

There is a market for those who don't want to think
before buying, who just want to buy, who want to be
told what's the "right way". In a free society, it's
also a freedom to give up the individual choice, as
strange as it sounds. By spending more money, customers
are able to "buy theirselves free" from doubt and
fear. I admit that this attitude shares aspects of
a typical belief or even religion. This concept runs
the thing we currently call the "self-controlling market".

> BTW, I'd _love_ to see Microsoft "held legally respnsible" for _their_
> product shortcomings.  They'd be out of business in a week at the outside.

Would benefiting a healthy and free market, which
means real capitalism (not the stage show we're
experiencing today). :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany