Easiest desktop BSD distro

four.harrisons at googlemail.com four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:10:34 UTC 2011

Sorry for top posting - my phone makes it awkward.

I take your point about wireless config. Perhaps that was a poor example.

To take Windows out of the equation (I've nothing against it per se) how about compiling the kernel? I left Linux a while ago, but at that time compiling and installing a new kernel on Red Hat or Slackware (to stick within my experience) was significantly harder to do than "make buildkernel; make installkernel", once you had it figured. I'd suggest that part of the reason for that is the effort in Linux to make it 'easy to learn' and therefore hide the guts of stuff like this away.

--

Peter Harrison
www.4harrisons.blogspot.com