import users from LDAP to local password file (pwd.db)

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Fri Jul 8 14:26:57 UTC 2011

Hello

I need to import the necessary users's data  from an OpenLDAP directory
server
to put them in the local password files , anyone has done this before ?

The machine use nss_ldap and pam_ldap to authenticate users but for
robustness
during the holidays I would like to have a local password file on this
machine which
is our mailhub.

The OpenLDAP server runs on another machine and if it fails during
holidays I want
my mailhub to be standalone for authentication in order to let email
service running
even the directory server crash.

Thanks