Not Sure Which Package has mssql_connect.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 29 14:22:46 UTC 2010

I just upgraded a system from FreeBSD6.3 to 8.1 and only have 2
loose ends so far.

	One is that I discovered some of my C code needs a
little touching up to continue to work right and the other is
that we have an application on our system that uses freetds and
makes mysql queries and presently gives me the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in

Line number of script is given and that line reads:

$numero= mssql_connect("sql" , "natreg1" , "PASSWD" );

	As soon as I find out what port or package contains
mysql_connect, we should be back in business.

	I did install mysql50-client. It does not contain the
mysql_connect routine so I deleted it. I installed the port
called mysql-connector-odbc which looked like a good possibility
but it also does not have the connect routine.

	I installed php5 to get the php interpreter so it is
possible that I have the wrong php and another php has the
mysql_connect routine so at this time, I am all ears.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martin McCormick