mpt error

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Wed Sep 29 14:16:12 UTC 2010

Just want to check here to see if anyone else has experienced the
following errors showing up periodically in the logs on a FreeBSD 8.0
VPS on vmware ESXi...

Sep 29 05:38:35 db1 kernel: mpt0: attempting to abort req
0xffffff80002a48c0:60350 function 0
Sep 29 05:38:35 db1 kernel: mpt0: completing timedout/aborted req
0xffffff80002a48c0:60350
Sep 29 05:38:35 db1 kernel: mpt0: abort of req 0xffffff80002a48c0:0
completed

 From what I googled, it appears this may be a disk I/O issue? I have
another FreeBSD 8.1 install on an exact duplicate server, except it has
a half the memory, with no errors. This ESXi server with the error has
12GB RAM and these servers do not use RAID at all.

--
Robert