libxul compilation problem

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Sat Oct 16 13:22:41 UTC 2010

2010/10/16 Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com>:
> I didn't run X or whatsoever. That's why I think I should have enough memory.
> In fact after getting that error, I rebooted so I could update the
> ports from a "fresh"
> running system (nothing cached or so). But even in that case, I'm getting the
> same error.
>
> Any VM tuning I can try?

I'm not really knowledgeable about that kind of thing.

However, the port is marked MAKE_JOBS_SAFE which means that it will
try to run multiple compiler instances in parallel, to speed things up
if you have multiple CPUs/cores. You can try running with "make
-DDISABLE_MAKE_JOBS" to just run one at a time - maybe you have enough
memory for that but not multiple jobs at once?

--
Rob Farmer