mouse problems....

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Oct 11 19:32:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:14:43 -0700, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> 	This mouse is A USB type.

Okay, in THAT case, the system should recognize a USB mouse,
as /dev/ums. Check

	# dmesg | grep ums

if a mouse is present. Then

	# usbdevs -v

should also report it.

Additionally, there's no need to employ moused for a USB mouse
as this kind is automatically set up by the USB subsystem (which
uses moused for that purpose, I think).

> The KVM only has two USM slots,
> 	nothing for a PS/2 type anything... I think.  Wait. the keyboard
> 	is old enough to be PS/2.  Trouble is that I can't see back
> 	behind the KVM box.

Just for understanding: You are connecting a USB mouse and a PS/2
keyboard to the KVM switch. The switch then connects to various
systems, by a PS/2 plug (keyboard connector) and a USB plug (mouse
connector). Additionally, a cable for the monitor is used. Is that
correct?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany