Lenovo s9e or well supported netbook

Peter Harrison peter.piggybox at virgin.net
Wed May 20 19:06:28 UTC 2009

Tuesday, 19 May 2009 at  6:38:05 -0600, Tim Judd said:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Peter Harrison
> <peter.piggybox at virgin.net>wrote:
>
> > Is anyone running FreeBSD on a Lenovo s9e? I'm in the market for a netbook,
> > and have seen these fairly cheap but can't find anything on Google about
> > anyone trying FreeBSD on one.
> >
> > I'd rather not run Linux, so can anyone share experiences of the Lenovo, or
> > suggest a better supported netbook?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Peter Harrison
> >

> Look at the T-series.  Google can probably confirm the general answer that
> they run unixen well.  The X series I think work, but you might and might
> not have better success with them.
>
> I use BSD on a Lenovo T60 with no problems. The USB bio-reader isn't
> recognized and sometimes the wpi0 looses it's link (but it looses it
> sometimes in Windows too).  Bring the link back up by
>   ifconfig wpi0 up scan
>
> I don't know about the other series, but the T and X have got lots of google
> hits last time I checked.

Thanks for the suggestion Tim - and everyone else who replied. Sorry for not responding earlier.

I can certainly pick up a T23 reasonably cheaply, but I was thinking more of something kind of netbook sized - ie. with a 9in screen. Something that's a bit easier to lug around.

The s9e runs an Intel 945GSE chipset apparently. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the help.

Peter Harrison.