INN configuration

Tim Kellers timothyk at wallnet.com
Fri Jul 24 01:59:00 UTC 2009

I've spent  couple of days getting /usr/ports/news/inn set up on a
dedicated server and most of the local features are working.  I've
loaded the newsgroups and the active files from
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG, restarted the server and set up an
upstream peer  collect articles.

But my client claims I have no newsgroups installed.  Does anyone have a
hint on further configuration or can someone point me to a resource that
might clarify the steps to proper configuration?

My system:
 > uname -a
FreeBSD www.smsdsite.com 8.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 8.0-BETA2 #0: Wed Jul 15
23:25:30 UTC 2009