Filesystem tunning

Clifton Royston cliftonr at lava.net
Wed Jan 21 09:14:51 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 12:01:04PM +0100, Matias Surdi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to avoid the system going to single user mode when a
> secondary storage device cannot be mounted?.
>
> I mean, if all system filesystems are OK, how can set up a device with a
> custom mount point so that when it's tried to mount at boot time and
> fails doesn't cause the system to be in single user mode?
>
> I know that if in fstab I set the last parameter to "0" checking will
> not be made at boot time, but instead what I want is the check to be
> run, correct any automatically correctable error, and continue booting
> anyway, despite the result of the check.Later a custom script will check
> the filesystem and send a mail, for example.

Try this:

 Set to "noauto" in /etc/fstab, and add a custom script to run at the
end of the boot process to check and mount your special device if it's
OK, and do whatever additional processing you want if not.
  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/