Filesystem tunning

Matias Surdi matiassurdi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 03:01:16 PST 2009

Hi,

Is there any way to avoid the system going to single user mode when a
secondary storage device cannot be mounted?.

I mean, if all system filesystems are OK, how can set up a device with a
custom mount point so that when it's tried to mount at boot time and
fails doesn't cause the system to be in single user mode?

I know that if in fstab I set the last parameter to "0" checking will
not be made at boot time, but instead what I want is the check to be
run, correct any automatically correctable error, and continue booting
anyway, despite the result of the check.Later a custom script will check
the filesystem and send a mail, for example.

Thanks for your help.