skype permissions

Joakim Fogelberg joafog.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:24:33 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Rem P Roberti <remegius at comcast.net> wrote:
> Joakim Fogelberg wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Rem P Roberti <remegius at comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the shot, Joakim, but that didn't work either.  When calling
>>> Skype
>>> from user's command prompt still get the same result.  BTW, I'm using
>>> Xfce
>>> as my desktop.
>>>
>>> Rem
>>>

>> Just for the record... I'm also able to start Skype from the command
>> prompt.
>>
>> I'm not sure if I really understand makefiles, but it seems to me that
>> /usr/local/share/skype are created with the following directive in
>> /usr/ports/net/skype/Makefile:
>>        @cd ${WRKSRC}/&&${COPYTREE_SHARE} "avatars icons sounds lang"
>> ${PREFIX}/${SKYPEDIR}/
>>
>> Maybe the directory should be created first? I.e. change it to the
>> following:
>>        @${INSTALL} -d ${PREFIX}/${SKYPEDIR}
>>        @cd ${WRKSRC}/&&${COPYTREE_SHARE} "avatars icons sounds lang"
>> ${PREFIX}/${SKYPEDIR}/
>>

> Joakim...
>
> Which version of freebsd are you using?  With all of the chmods that I've
> been doing
> things began to get a little bunged up.  Couldn't even bring Skype up as
> root.  So I
> deinstalled Skype via pkg-cutleaves and reinstalled.  In the process I had
> to also do a
> deinstall/reinstall of linux_base-fc6.  So now I'm back to the original
> setup.  I assume
> that you followed the directives of UPDATING 20080318 in order for you to
> get Skype
> to work.
>
> Rem

7.1-RELEASE-p2

will-try [~] > sysctl compat.linux.osrelease
compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16

linux_base-f8-8_10

linproc mounted

OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE=f8 in /etc/make.conf

I didn't follow the directives in UPDATING, as I just recently
reinstalled all ports. Since I had to recompile many of them due to
gnome-2.24 anyway, I took the opportunity get a fresh installation.
However, looking at the entry in UPDATING I see that I have followed
the directives.

--

Joakim Fogelberg