list-member needs help: re my new 2009 Dell.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Dec 3 19:27:28 UTC 2009

	People,

	Before I wear out my shoulder and write 37 pages of woe, I
	thought I'd first get some idea of who knows what on this
	list.  My net-wizard friend who lives around the Dallas-Ft Worth
	environs has indeed suddenly vanished.  I am pretty close to
	moving/migrating from the antique 1998 HP beast to a newer
	Dell.  I have all the dovecot configs, the apache22 files, and
	the bind9/named stuff in ``ethic''.  ethic is the server-to-be.

	I did the original dNS stuff myself in early 2001, I read the
	book, got the T-shirt (DNS & BIND).  So not that blown away by
	that.  Mail is a black hole; web stuff is only slightly less
	so.

	Anyway: how much can/will anybody be able to help me?  Ideas?

	gary

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php