determine system patch level with freebsd-update method without kernel compiling

subbsd subbsd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:24:16 UTC 2009

Hi maillist.

After applying non kernel-level patch set via freebsd-update my system after
rebooting show FreeBSD 8.0 version, not 8.0-p1. New instance of freebsd-update
check system again by checksum and show that system is already patched as -p1.

With updating i see changing of file newver.sh in /usr/src, but for indicated
system as -p1 ive need recompile my kernel. Whats the way for determine
current patch level without recompile kernel where kernel is not affected by
patch? Thx