Symantec Netbackup under 7.1 - Undefined symbol

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Fri Apr 3 12:39:37 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 11:08:50AM -0600, Tim Judd wrote:

> > This would lead me to think you need the port misc/compat5x installed.
> > I havent any experience of netbackup though.
>

> I agree with this statement, since it's clearly listed as it was compiled
> FOR FreeBSD 5.3
>
> The compatXy packages are for what I think I remember reading of kernel
> system calls.  I think there's a package/port for the userland utilities
> too..  misc/compat5x
>
> However I'm a smidge confused.  The option that exists in the kernel and the
> misc/compat5x port -- do they accomplish the same thing, or is it really
> "kernel" and "userland" peices?

Hi,

I've got both compat5x and compat5x installed on the machine in question:

$ pkg_info -cx compat
Information for compat4x-i386-5.3_9:
Comment:
A convenience package to install the compat4x libraries

Information for compat5x-amd64-5.4.0.8_9:
Comment:
A convenience package to install the compat5x libraries
$

In my kernel I've got the following compat-related options enabled (default):
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD6         # Compatible with FreeBSD6

Please note, that the error message posted in my original email comes
from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1

-ewald