almost OT os x

kalin m kalin at el.net
Fri Oct 31 16:16:44 PDT 2008

> Kalin,
>
>     Did you add a specific route for the alternative network? I know
> this may sound crazy but for whatever reason Macs don't override the
> default route automatically. You would think that any attached
> ethernet device would be considered a best route to that LAN however I
> have had experience otherwise.

i did. with the interface. but that apparently doesn't matter.
a few tests with route get were enough to realize that the B network is
not really having it's own default route.
so i just switched the cards around. now en0 is the external ip and en1
is the 192.168.x.x.  and the default route is the one for the B network...
it works a desired now....

thanks for the idea....