flash-9, 10 on FreeBSD

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Oct 28 12:10:22 PDT 2008

Craig Butler writes:

>  The way forwards has to be to jump onto the gnash band wagon....
>  I think that project is moving leaps and bounds.

	The last time I tried it (2-3 months ago) gnash was no
more funnctional than Flash 9.

>  Why be tied into proprietary closed sourced drivel that the
>  people who write it aren't prepared to support a decent Operating
>  System ??

	I have read - some place that made me give it credence - that
while Flash 10 /in se/ will not necessarily be more non-(Windows/
OS X) friendly, Actionscript (which as I understand it is the link
between the broswer and Flash) was being developed in
... consultation if not necessaeily cooperation ... with the open
source community and there was reasonable hope a formal spec might
made freely available.
	Mind you, this was a year (maybe more) ago.  I have no idea how
that turned out, or even if it was accurate yo begin with.

				Robert Huff