Problems with Gmail

Thiago Rochael slacklinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:45:26 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I have configured a server with FreeBSD 7 and updated the kernel to
7.1-PRERELEASE.

That server is ready to provide POP/IMAP  service to my costumers.

The POP/IMAP service is running over Courier-IMAP version 4.4.1. Everything
is running fine, except for the costumers that use the GMAIL web interface
to fetch the messages from my POP server.

When the mailbox in my server surpass 512K, the GMAIL facility does not
fetch the messages, the Courier logs just show a TIMEOUT or DISCONNECTED and
GMAIL logs show:

"Connection Error. Server returned error "Connection reset by peer: The
other server terminated our connection."

I've already  increased the Buffer variables of TCP:
net.inet.tcp.recvbuf_max and net.inet.tcp.sendbuf_max

I' ve disabled the resource TSO of the network adapter(model em, of Intel)
I 've changed the PMTU configuration

None of these work

I have the same configuration working on a Slackware 11.0, that's  why I am
not focusing in service configuration.

Any ideas? I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

--
Thiago Rochael
Administrador de Redes e Sistemas Operacionais