do we have any grammar checkers for FBSD?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Fri Nov 21 11:05:44 PST 2008

Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:03:25PM +0000, Goksin Akdeniz wrote:
>> On Friday 21 November 2008 01:21:20 Gary Kline wrote:
>> >
>> > 	If there is one with OOo-3, I haven't been able to build it yet....
>> >
>> > 	gary
>>
>> Hello Gary,
>>
>> Spellcheck and dictionary addons are avilable for OOo-3 but can not be
>> installed due to bugs.
>

> 	thanks for the datapoint.  good to know these tools are en-route.
> 	i'm working on some ye-olden texts that need updating to 21st century
> 	english.  ....

They aren't really "en route".  They are here, and they're working for me.
The dictionaries are no longer installed with OpenOffice by default -- as
I understand it, this is because there are now so many different languages
that would need to be included.

The documentation I used was at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/