do we have any grammar checkers for FBSD?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Nov 21 12:59:40 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 02:05:41PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> writes:

> >> Hello Gary,
> >>
> >> Spellcheck and dictionary addons are avilable for OOo-3 but can not be
> >> installed due to bugs.
> >

> > 	thanks for the datapoint.  good to know these tools are en-route.
> > 	i'm working on some ye-olden texts that need updating to 21st century
> > 	english.  ....
>
> They aren't really "en route".  They are here, and they're working for me.
> The dictionaries are no longer installed with OpenOffice by default -- as
> I understand it, this is because there are now so many different languages
> that would need to be included.
>
> The documentation I used was at:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries

	i Can understand the ``myriad dictionaries problem'' since OO
	supports so many languages; but I'm looking for a grammar tool.
	There was some rumble about a grammar-checker becoming available
	sometime [like RSN:)] ... but so far nothing.  --At the same
	time, the GNU diction program has found several things.  Havent
	used that for ages.

	gary