re changing from vista

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Sat Nov 15 18:07:48 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 01:21:04AM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> ><opinion>
> >But why are we interested in "converting" people?  That borders on
> >religious, which an operating system should not be.
>
> exactly.
>
> it's a good idea to tell people about trying FreeBSD if they are already
> using some flavor of unix.
>
> One can be "converted" from Solaris to FreeBSD, from NetBSD to OpenBSD,
> and (sometimes) from linux to FreeBSD.
>
> But not from Windows.

Come on, lose your thickness and let the guy be free from Vista.
Tha is his purpose - not a religious conversion.
He wants to use the computer, but not be stuck with certain Northwest
USA environments.    So, let him learn a meaningful server environment.

Quit niggling about things not part of the situation just because you
have some prejudices.

////jerry