Preserving X forwarded applications

Roey Dror darwinian.empire at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 09:01:30 PST 2008

I'm looking for a solution similar to the screen utility, but for X11.
I want, for example, to burn a cd on a remote computer using some GUI
application. If, for any reason, the network goes down while burning,
I suppose I lose the whole thing. Same thing goes when editing a
document.
I know that I can launch a VNC/NX server, but X forwarding is a much
more comfortable solution.
Is there any way to make sure a X forwarded application won't die when
my session is disconnected?
Also, I would like to be able to "reconnect" the window when logging back in.

--
Roey