what is your programming language on freebsd?

Foo JH jhfoo-ml at extracktor.com
Thu Nov 6 08:10:41 PST 2008

Hi there,

Earlier I was asking for some help getting XSP/ mod_mono on FreeBSD. I
may be asking in the wrong mailing list, but my impression is that mono
on FreeBSD is generally not a popular idea.

To pose my questions to the developers in the FreeBSD community:
1. What programming language(s) do you deploy on FreeBSD?
2. Is FreeBSD more optimised in performance for any particular language?
3. Is FreeBSD even a popular choice as a development platform, or is it
better suited as a special-purpose OS (eg. mail server, DNS server)?

Thanks.