"Mutex unlock failure" when compiling KDE (upgrade from 6.x)

Dmitry RCL Rekman dmitry.rekman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 10:03:48 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Kris Kennaway <kris at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Dmitry RCL Rekman wrote:
> > Hi,

> > Well, it actually did not rebuild the KDE & friends (because of
> > aforementioned problem with unlocking the mutex), so I had to interrupt
> > that, leaving some ports alone. I admit that is a deviation from upgrade
> > procedure, but it is not perhaps the reason of mutex problem, because it
> > appeared while rebuilding the ports for the first time.
>
> There is no reference in your log file to "Mutex unlock failure".

It does not appear when building Qt, but when building e.g. kdebase3 (when
uic is used).

Actually, the problem was tracked down to be inside uic. When built on my
(and Leslie's) 7.0 "upgraded" from 6.x system, uic does not link to
libthr.so, while in a newly-installed 7.0 it does.

So one of people here (Mel) asked to provide the actual commandline used to
link uic (see this for reference:
 http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200803161912.18248.fbsd.questions ),
which is what I did.

Log of the actual "mutex unlock failure" error was already posted in this
list, it's here: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?47D8DBC0.3010106

> Kris

Best regards,
Dmitry RCL Rekman