"Mutex unlock failure" when compiling KDE (upgrade from 6.x)

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 22 10:14:23 PDT 2008

Dmitry RCL Rekman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Kris Kennaway <kris at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Dmitry RCL Rekman wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Well, it actually did not rebuild the KDE & friends (because of
>>> aforementioned problem with unlocking the mutex), so I had to interrupt
>>> that, leaving some ports alone. I admit that is a deviation from upgrade
>>> procedure, but it is not perhaps the reason of mutex problem, because it
>>> appeared while rebuilding the ports for the first time.
>> There is no reference in your log file to "Mutex unlock failure".
>>

> It does not appear when building Qt, but when building e.g. kdebase3 (when
> uic is used).
>
> Actually, the problem was tracked down to be inside uic. When built on my
> (and Leslie's) 7.0 "upgraded" from 6.x system, uic does not link to
> libthr.so, while in a newly-installed 7.0 it does.

It should not be linking (directly) to libthr at all, it should be
linking to libpthread (which is a symlink to it).

> So one of people here (Mel) asked to provide the actual commandline used to
> link uic (see this for reference:
>  http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200803161912.18248.fbsd.questions ),
> which is what I did.

It links to libqt-mt and presumably gets its thread library from there,
so the question extends there.

> Log of the actual "mutex unlock failure" error was already posted in this
> list, it's here: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?47D8DBC0.3010106

OK, I suppose I was confused because you posted this under a new subject
instead of as a followup to the earlier messages, so context was lost
from your mails.

Kris