named questions.

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Thu Mar 13 17:26:04 UTC 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008 02:59:35 jekillen wrote:

> I have named running as secondary server on v6.2
> It will not start without a specific configuration file set
> on the command line. After doing some investigation
> it appears that that is because it runs chrooted and
> there is not a symlink from /etc/namedb.

You should start it by:
echo 'named_enable="YES"' >>/etc/rc.conf
/etc/rc.d/named start

This should by default create the symlink and populate the chroot directory.
If there is already a directory /etc/namedb or a file /etc/namedb it will
warn you.

Have a look at /etc/rc.d/named and the named_ variables
in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.