FreeBSD 6.2-REL, system lockup, recovers when keyboard pressed

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:52:20 UTC 2008

Hi again all,

Just an update on my problem (see below).

I upgraded the box to 6.3-REL and the problem persisted -- exactly the
same behaviour.

I've narrowed the problem down to nfdump though -- without the NetFlow
collectors (nfcapd) running, the box is rock solid.

If anyone out there happens to have seen this problem (with nfdump and
friends) before, or has some general advice for troubleshooting
something like this (I suspect some system resource tuning may be
required), please drop me a line.

In the meantime, I'll head on over to the nfdump list.

cheers,
Dale