RELENG_7 versus RELENG_7_0, latter is newer?

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:42:28 UTC 2008

I expected RELENG_7 to have newer files than RELENG_7_0 as the latter
tracks a release whilst the former tracks CURRENT/STABLE whichever it
currently is.

However I noticed 2 things.

1 - RELENG_7_0 in newvers.sh shows 7.0-RELEASE whilst RELENG_7 shows PRERELEASE.
2 - RELENG_7_0 has higher version numbers than RELENG_7 on the src
files and config files for mergemaster.

Given this information is it the case RELENG_7 has simply stopped been
updated? possibly even a fault on the cvsup servers I have been using.

/usr/src/UPDATING both have the 7.0-RELEASE line however.

example below

RELENG_7_0
FreeBSD: src/usr.sbin/sysinstall/sysinstall.h,v 1.274.4.1

RELENG_7
FreeBSD: src/usr.sbin/sysinstall/sysinstall.h,v 1.274.2.1

Chris